Continuing education contact hour (1) provided by Elsevier*
This webinar addresses three main areas of interest to the nurse leader in a home health organization as they relate to evidence-based nursing practice. The presenter will discuss the creation of an evidence-based nursing practice culture within an organization and a deeper dive into the “Medicare-Medicaid” reality in the health care system. The second area of interest will be related to the provision of organizational resources, including educational, financial, time, and non-quantifiable support resources. The third area of interest will be related to initial evaluation of implementing a change to an evidence-based nursing practice system. Benefits and hindrances to the implementation of such a system, or it’s ‘worthiness’ will also be discussed. Learning Outcomes: At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will self-report knowledge gain of methods that can be used to create a culture of evidence-based nursing practice.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will self-report knowledge gain of methods that can be used to create a culture of evidence-based nursing practice.
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Educators
- Director of Quality
- Home Health Care Organization Admins
- Director of Education/Development
Presenters (See full speaker bios here):
Lois Marshall, PhD, RN
To earn 1 contact hour* of continuing nursing education:
- Registrant must log in to the webinar on October 5, 2017; those attending as a group must record their name on the sign in sheet. The group leader submits the sign-in sheet to the email address or fax number provided on the form.
- Attend the entire webinar. No partial credit is awarded for this activity.
- Complete and submit an evaluation of this presentation by the designated deadline. The evaluation survey URL is provided following the webinar.
- If you are attending in a group setting, please download this sign-in sheet and follow instructions for submitting in the top, right corner.All steps are required to earn continuing education contact hours. Certificates of completion may be printed once the evaluation survey is submitted.
*Elsevier is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Elsevier is provider approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, provider number #50-4681. Elsevier is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP 3257.
Learn more about how Elsevier can help you optimize your organization’s program click here.
Dr. Lois Marshall is an expert on evidence-based nursing across settings. She currently edits evidence-based nursing monographs on diverse clinical areas. She presents nationally and internationally on the topic, taking a practical approach to the use of and creation of evidence for nurses across the spectrum of settings and experience. Dr. Marshall is a consultant for the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International; an expert on abstract and small grant writing; the Research Column Editor for the Journal of Radiology Nursing; and the Chair of the Research Special Interest Group for the Florida Nurses Association.